Thursday, April 30, 2009

So Yesterday's Rant...

may have been a bit extreme. Last night I went on Brand New and scrolled down into the infamous comments section. For once people weren't ridiculously negative. Some actual props for the logo. But believe me when I say this is a rarity.

There were the obligatory comments about the use of fades...which I don't get. Yeah, they're trendy. But they're also appealing when done well. And avoiding a technique merely because it's considered trendy is just as bad as using a technique because it's trendy, right? Either way you're letting someone else dictate your design rather than just doing what you feel is right. 

It's that same philosophy that allows me to periodically break through the guilt of listening to a Brittany Spears song: I'm not gonna let someone else tell me what to like, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment